Our Internship & Volunteer Opportunities
Literature for Life is a program founded and run by leaders in LA’s literary and arts communities: writers, community organizers, educators, and artists. Our interns and volunteers are in the unique position to work and learn closely with the program leaders, be mentored, and take on leadership roles, themselves. Members of the Literature for Life team also get to be part of a fast growing literary and educational program.
We are seeking interns and volunteers who are passionate about literature, education and community for the 2017-18 academic year. Interns and volunteers for Literature for Life will work on the following types of projects, including, but not limited to:
* Assist in the overall management of Literature for Life.
* Help coordinate production of the literary journal.
* Outreach to and coordinating schools and educators to teach Literature for Life stories.
* Assist with developing and writing curriculum for Literature for Life stories.
* Help organize special Literature for Life projects and programs.
* Assist with publicity and website updates.
* Attend meetings.
* Organize and attend Literature for Life events.
* Assist with communications and outreach.
Interns may arrange to receive course credit for their work.
This is a volunteer internship opportunity. Interns who do excellent work can expect working with the Literature for Life team to facilitate entrance to excellent career opportunities.
* Available at least 5 to 10 hours per week. During deadline periods or major events, more time may be needed.
* Able to attend meetings and events in the Los Angeles / Pasadena area two to three times a month (must have own transportation).
* Can handle occasional evening meetings and weekend events.
* Quickly responsive to email and phone communications.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter, resume and professional writing sample to Literature for Life Managing Editor Rosalind Helfand at [email protected]